2nd Grade Math
Engage Every Learner with enVisionMATH
By the time your child reaches Grade 2 of enVisionMATH, he or she will have some basic understanding of math concepts. You'll want to continue developing this foundation while strengthening your child's problem-solving skills, both of which are goals you can achieve with the help of this curriculum for homeschooling. enVisionMATH uses visual aids and interactive lesson ideas to keep your child engaged in the subject matter.
Each unit of enVisionMATH utilizes Visual Learning Bridges. These illustrations are designed to help your child grasp the math concepts you teach, and they are presented in a logical and sequential way. This math curriculum caters to both visual and kinesthetic learning styles by providing images, graphs and plenty of engaging activities.
By using enVisionMATH for every Grade, you'll ensure your child has a seamless transition between each level of math content. By the time your child completes the Grade 2 curriculum, he or she will be able to:
- Differentiate between odd and even numbers.
- Read, write and count numbers up to 1,000.
- Count to 1,000 using intervals of one, five and 10.
- Mentally subtract and add numbers between one and 20.
- Add numbers to themselves (e.g., 10 + 10 + 10), moving toward an understanding of multiplication.
- Recognize and name different shapes.
- Create pictures and graphs to explain simple data.
- Estimate the length of an object.
Your child's education will progress smoothly when you develop homeschool lessons using enVisionMATH: Grade 2. This curriculum uses strategies that have been scientifically researched and proven effective. By selecting enVisionMATH as your guide throughout your math homeschool program, you'll ensure your child gets the best education you can provide.
The materials that come with this curriculum series include a workbook full of activities and colorful images, a quiz CD-ROM and a teacher resources CD-ROM.