myWorld Social Studies
3rd Grade Homeschool Social Studies
The early years of your child's homeschooling provides the foundation for future learning, no matter the subject. When it comes to social studies, the curriculum you use should guide your child through basic principles of government, geography, history and citizenship. The things your child learns now will impact how he or she sees these subjects in the future. You can continue to provide your child with exceptional lessons by using the myWorld Social Studies: Grade 3 homeschool curriculum.
This material was crafted using educational research about proven teaching methods. However, don't let the scientific approach to curriculum development scare you. myWorld Social Studies is a unique teaching experience. Instead of memorizing dates and data, your child will jump into the passenger's seat of history and government through the age-old practice of storytelling.
The fun and engaging lessons you create using myWorld Social Studies: Grade 3 will help your child progress in his or her education. By the end of the program, your child should be able to:
- See the ways cultures reflect their environments.
- Use a map to locate certain global features, such as the 50 states in the U.S. or the seven continents.
- Observe the way an environment affects a group of people and the way in which they adapt.
- Understand that government, rules and laws are necessary for society to exist peacefully.
- Read important U.S. documents, such as the Declaration of Independence.
- Recognize past and present U.S. presidents.
- Define a variety of government systems, including democracy.
- Explain key differences between U.S. political parties.
- Use the arts to learn about and explore communities.
You'll be able to design lesson plans that accomplish these, and other, educational goals by using the materials provided by myWorld Social Studies: Grade 3. For more information on specific items used in myWorld Social Studies, visit the Features and Benefits page.